Have You Considered Invisalign Aligner Trays?
If you grew up with crooked teeth, you may have resigned yourself to keeping them. Part of your resignation may be because you have a hard time imagining yourself wearing traditional metal braces at work or in social settings. You’re interested in a straighter smile but hate the idea of long months of metal wires and brackets.
Thankfully, you do have options. One of them is Invisalign , a short-term orthodontics treatment that straightens teeth with a series of clear plastic aligner trays. We provide Invisalign aligner trays in our Attleboro, MA dentist office. You can discuss Invisalign with our orthodontist, Dr. Yuhe Lu, or one of our other doctors. To schedule a consultation to find out if Invisalign is right for you, call Attleboro Family Dental Care at 774-225-0618.
There’s a Lot to Like About Invisalign
Because Invisalign aligner trays are made of sturdy medical-grade thermoplastic and are created to fit snugly over your teeth, they are practically invisible when being worn. So you won’t feel self-conscious when giving a big presentation at work or meeting your child’s new teacher. But their low-profile appearance isn’t the only benefit.
Another key advantage is that you can take out your Invisalign aligner trays. You won’t have to worry about avoiding sticky or crunchy foods for fear they’ll become stuck in braces. You just remove your trays when you eat. That also makes it far simpler to keep your teeth clean. You can brush and floss before reinserting your trays. You can even take them out for special occasions!
Many people also find aligners far more comfortable to wear than traditional braces, which can leave sore and irritated spots as they rub against your gums, cheek, and tongue. The smooth plastic of your aligners is less likely to irritate your mouth.
You’ll also make fewer trips to our office with Invisalign. Though you’ll visit us for periodic checkups so we can ensure your treatment is progressing as planned, you’ll have fewer of them with Invisalign than with braces. And unlike braces, Invisalign doesn’t have parts that can break, like brackets, wires, and elastic loops. So you won’t need to see us for repairs.
How We Plan Your Invisalign Treatment
When you visit us for an Invisalign consultation, we take digital X-rays, impressions of your teeth, and other measurements. We design a treatment plan for you, then send the specifications to an Invisalign lab, which manufactures your Invisalign aligner trays. When the trays arrive, we check the fit of the first one.
You’ll wear each set of trays for about two weeks, then switch them for the next ones in the series. They gently shift your teeth into place over time. You’ll visit our Attleboro, MA dentist office for checkups about once every six weeks or so.
The average Invisalign treatment time for adults is 12 months. While Invisalign can correct many dental problems, it may not be the best choice for teeth that need to be moved vertically or for canines or premolars that need to be rotated. Dr. Lu or one of our other dentists can help determine whether it’s a good orthodontics option for you.
5 Ways to Ensure Your Invisalign Treatment Goes Well
Here are some tips on getting the maximum benefit out of your Invisalign treatment:
- Wear your aligner trays at least 20 hours a day . You should remove your Invisalign aligner trays only to eat or clean your teeth. Taking them out too often may result in a longer treatment time.
- Be careful when inserting trays . You can use a mirror when inserting trays until you become skilled at it. Don’t bite a tray into place, as it could damage it.
- Follow our treatment plan . Always wear your Invisalign aligner trays for the recommended period. Don’t be tempted to adjust the schedule if a tray feels loose.
- Keep your aligner trays clean . Remove your Invisalign aligner trays before eating or drinking anything but water. Brush your teeth before putting them back in. If you can’t brush, rinse your mouth out and rinse the trays too.
- Avoid cigarettes and gum . Don’t smoke or chew gum while wearing your Invisalign aligner trays. Smoking can stain the trays and gum can stick to them.
In addition to Invisalign, we offer orthodontics treatment with traditional braces. If you’re ready to straighten your smile, call Attleboro Family Dental Care at 774-225-0618. You can also use our online form to book a consultation at our Attleboro, MA dentist office.