We’ll Help You Overcome Your Dental Anxiety
There are lots of reasons for dental anxiety. Maybe you’ve had a negative experience with a dentist in the past, or the sight of dental tools bothers you, or your mouth is sensitive. You may be so anxious that you even avoid the dentist. But avoiding the dentist isn’t the answer. In fact, you can avoid complications by seeing a dentist you trust:Helping Dental Patients with Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
From what I learned from my long-term of experience, so when we have patient with dental anxiety, the best thing to do is listen to the patient and speak to the patient and spend more time with the patient, try to understand the reason for this anxiety and try to avoid it. Believe me, this has helped a lot to ease the pressure and make the patient more relaxed to continue the treatment.
Sometimes, we may have to prescribe some relaxant. People, they take it just to help them to overcome this fear or this anxiety. One more thing, the (inaudible) is wonderful tool to ease the pressure, relieve the anxiety, and make the patient feel more comfort. That's what we use here at Attleboro Family Dental Care.
- Missing dental exams, cleanings, and other routine care means problems can go undetected until you’re in pain. It’s far easier and less expensive to treat problems like dental decay and gum disease in their early stages.
- Avoiding the dentist means missing the opportunity to correct aspects of your smile that you don’t like.
Fortunately, our dentists and caring staff have years of experience in soothing dental anxiety. And we use advanced dental technology to keep your treatments quick, efficient, and comfortable. Call Attleboro Family Dental Care at (774) 225-0618 to schedule a stress-free visit to our Attleboro, MA dentist office.
Our Technology and Amenities Keep You Comfortable
We use some of the latest dental technology to ensure your treatment goes smoothly. For example, our Attleboro, MA dentists use 3D imaging to make fast and accurate diagnoses and to better plan procedures such as placing dental implants and extracting teeth. We also use DIAGNOdent cavity detectors to find cavities in their earliest, and easiest-to-treat, stages.
If there’s any possibility of discomfort, we’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. And we’ll relax you during procedures with amenities like blankets to keep you cozy and headphones so you can listen to music while we work.
Let Our Experts Handle Your Dental Issues
Our team of dentists in Attleboro, MA includes doctors who completed years of additional training in their specialties. Thanks to our well-rounded staff, you won’t be sent to an outside doctor at an unfamiliar office for your treatment. Our specialists include:
- An Endodontist. Dr. Ghyath Alkhalil specializes in treating issues related to the soft interior of your teeth. This includes performing root canals to save teeth threatened by infection.
- An Oral surgeon. Oral surgeon Dr. Deeb Helal performs tooth extractions, gum grafts, bone grafts, and other surgical procedures.
- A Periodontist. Dr. Fayez Badlissi specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating gum (periodontal) disease. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adults.