Our Treatment Replaces Teeth and Keeps Your Jawbone Strong
Replacing missing teeth as soon as possible is important. It restores your appearance, your speech, and your ability to eat your favorite foods. Without teeth, your jawbone will deteriorate, resulting in a “caved-in” look and leaving you more susceptible to gum disease, tooth decay, and other ailments. Attleboro Family Dental Care understands this, which is why we offer multiple tooth replacement options. All of them have their pros and cons. But only dental implants will help you maintain your bone structure.Dr. Hannawi Gives an Overview on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implant, it's a method. We use it to replace missing teeth, or tooth, and sometimes, support loose dentures. In Attleboro Family Dental Care, we use top-of-the-line technology and the 3D cone beam to help us to plan and place the implant in a very productive way and a very safe way. Basically, when we're talking about implant, we're talking about three types or three components. First is the implant by itself, which usually, it's made from pure titanium to make it compatible with the body. Second is the abutment, which it's come on the top of the implant; also, it's made either from titanium, or zirconia. Third is the crown by itself. Sometimes the implant choice to incur a prosthesis, to keep it stay in the patient mouth. So this way, they will be able to chew, and eat, and function in very, very good way.
That’s because we embed them right into your jawbone, which heals around them in a process called osseointegration. Once healed, they function a lot like your natural tooth roots, keeping your jaw intact and strong.
For more information on dental implants, call Attleboro Family Dental Care in Attleboro, MA at (774) 225-0618.
Dental Implants Benefit You in Many Ways
A stronger jawbone is an important benefit of dental implants, but it’s not the only one. Others include:
- Low impact on surrounding teeth. Some tooth replacements require us to modify your surrounding teeth. But we don’t need to do that with dental implants.
- Convenient care. Your oral hygiene habits won’t need to change. You care for dental implants just like your natural teeth, with regular brushing, flossing, and dental exams.
- Long lasting. With proper care, your dental implants should last a lifetime.
- Versatile restoration options. We can attach a dental crown to an implant to replace a single tooth. Or we can use a dental bridge or dentures to replace multiple missing teeth.
- Security. Because they’re embedded in your jaw, you’ll never experience embarrassing slippage with dental implants.
- Function and feel like your own teeth. You’ll enjoy a bite nearly as strong as your natural teeth with dental implants. And they feel so much like your natural teeth, you’ll likely forget you even have them.
Advanced Technology Helps With Dental Implant Placement
Our dental office in Attleboro, MA uses advanced 3D imaging technology to see if you’re a good candidate for dental implants. You need sufficient bone in your jaw to support implants. Our imaging system will help us assess the strength of your bone and foresee any possible complications.
Even if your jawbone is too thin, you still have options. The dental team at Attleboro Family Dental Care can use mini dental implants, which function like their full-sized counterparts and offer many of the same benefits. Their smaller size allows us to place them in many areas that won’t support full-sized implants. Or our oral surgeon can perform procedures designed to beef up your bone density:
- Bone graft. We’ll place material designed to spur bone growth at the site of the implant.
- Ridge augmentation. Our surgeon restores the natural contour of your jaw.
- Sinus lift. This surgery adds bone mass to your upper jaw.
Our 3D imaging system at our Attleboro, MA dental office also helps us locate the best possible positions for placement of your dental implants and reveals how well your jaw is healing around implants, so we know when we can attach your dental restorations.
Ready to replace missing teeth with dental implants? Call Attleboro Family Dental Care at (774) 225-0618. Or use our online form to schedule an appointment at our Attleboro, MA dentist office.